Outdoor blinds are one of the most underrated outdoor covering solutions for outdoor areas, despite the fact that they can bring so many awesome benefits. The question is, however; what type of outdoor blind should you choose?
In this article, we’re going to look at the differences between Ziptrak and Zipscreen blinds. Is there a superior product? How much do they cost? Is it worth going for the cheapest option or should you invest more? Read on and we’ll reveal all…
What is the difference between Ziptrak, Zipscreen and Zipblind?
First of all, Zipblinds refers to the type of outdoor blinds product, whereas Ziptrak and Zipscreen are two very distinct products that have varying features and benefits. In this article, we’re going to pit both against one another to see which comes out on top.
Bear in mind that both systems are very similar in terms of appearance and functionality, however, there are some key differences that might sway your decision.
- Ziptrak blinds use a Cordura tape named Kedar – which is a powerful fabric that is welded to the blind material, holding the fabric in place when the blinds and opened and closed. This system provides a fine balance between strength and elasticity, making the system reliable and ultimately neater in appearance.
- One drawback with Kedar is the fact that you can always see the fabric so you must choose a colour that will match your outdoor area (dark colours fade and lighter colours can become dirty).
- Zipscreen blinds use ZLock tech (not too dissimilar to the zip-lock on your jeans or hoodie), which is sometimes prone to jamming and is thus less favourable in certain weather conditions.
- One advantage of the ZLock is the fact that it is hidden within the Zip screen channels – ideal for a more discreet appearance.
- Ziptrak blinds have a variety of locking systems to choose from:
- Bolt locking systems
- Easy centre release lock.
- Interior & exterior operated blinds.
- Zipscreen blinds use a simple yet arguably outdated bolt-locking system that is functional, but slower and less efficient.
- Ziptrak blinds have a bulkier top box that houses the blind when it is rolled up.
- Zipscreen’s top box boasts a much sleeker design and is preferred by those who want a more seamless and discreet appearance.
- Ziptrak is an Australian-made and owned product.
- Zipscreen is an American-made and owned product.
Which is better Ziptrak or Zipscreen?
Deciding on which product is best can be quite difficult as they are fairly well-matched. Ziptrak is certainly the superior product in terms of durability and functionality, however, Zipscreen does take the trophy when it comes to aesthetics and sleek appearance.
All in all, Ziptrak is arguably the better product. However, if you are more focused on the overall appearance of your outdoor blind system, you may prefer what Zipscreen has to offer.
How much do they cost, which is the cheapest Ziptrak or Zipscreen?
So, how much do both Ziptrak and Zipscreen cost? Which is the cheaper product?
Both Ziptrak and Zipscreen blinds average at around $700 to $1,100 AUD per outdoor awning (depending on size and fabric choice of course).
Generally speaking, Ziptrak is the cheaper product coming in at approximately $100 less per outdoor awning.
In any case, there isn’t much between both products in terms of price.
What are the benefits of having Ziptrak outdoor blinds installed on your property?
Ziptrak outdoor blinds offer a wide variety of practical advantages and can bring great value to your outdoor area. Here’s a closer look at the benefits they offer:
- Superior protection against the elements: you can protect your decking and patio area with Ziptrak blinds, keeping your furniture and plants safe from harsh rain, wind, dust, and UV rays. Not only that, but in heavy winds, your Ziptrak blinds can protect your outdoor area against flying leaves and debris.
- Robust design and highly durable materials: Ziptrak blinds are built to last using high-quality materials and the latest innovations in outdoor blind solutions. With the right product and a professional installation, your outdoor covering can provide you with ample protection for many years to come.
- An affordable extension of your home: Ziptrak blinds can be used to create a seamless flow between the indoor and outdoor areas of your home. When utilised well, these outdoor blinds can be used to create an extension to your home which is perfect for throwing parties and accommodating large groups of people without putting too much strain on your limited indoor space.
- Efficient pest control: Ziptrak blinds can provide another layer of protection against those pesky pests. With mosquitos and other flying pests, it can often feel uncomfortable sitting outside in your patio area, however, Ziptrak blinds can reduce the number of insects buzzing around, thus making your outdoor time more enjoyable (and less reliant on repellent).
- Enhanced privacy benefits: Not only that, but Ziptrak blinds are ideal for giving you an extra layer of backyard privacy. If you want to enjoy some time out in your garden without your neighbours or random passers-by being able to watch you, they make an excellent addition to your garden.
- Energy efficiency: Outdoor blinds can be used to reduce your energy consumption by blocking harmful UV rays during the summer months. This extra layer of insulation and protection, when utilised well, can reduce your energy bills by up to 50% as you will no longer need to rely on your air conditioning as often to manage the temperature in your home.
Both Ziptrak and Zipscreen blinds are both excellent Zipblind products. Whichever product you choose; you will likely be very happy with your decision. In any case, to recap, if you want a higher quality, durable product, Ziptrak is the key. However, if you want something a little more discreet and aesthetically pleasing, you can’t go wrong with Zipscreen.