Maintaining a clean and organised workplace is essential for optimal productivity, improved employee health, and creating a positive impression on any clients who visit your establishment.
If you’re considering hiring a commercial cleaner for your office or business, you might be wondering about the cost involved. How much is it likely to set you back?
In this article, we’ll explore how much commercial cleaners charge per hour in Australia, on average, discuss the factors that influence pricing, and highlight the various benefits of hiring professional cleaners today.
Roll up your sleeves and let’s get stuck right in…
How Much Do Commercial Cleaners Charge per Hour in Australia?
So, let’s start with the most important question of all: how much do commercial cleaners charge per hour? Will you be breaking the bank?
The cost of hiring a commercial cleaner in Australia can vary significantly depending on several factors, including the location, size of the premises, specific cleaning requirements, and the level of expertise needed. Here’s a general overview:
- Hourly Rates: commercial cleaning rates typically range from $25 to $75 per hour in Australia. But why the big difference?
- Factors Affecting Pricing:
- Location: cleaning rates may vary between major cities, suburban areas, and regional locations due to differences in labour costs and market demand.
- Size of the Premises: larger premises generally require more time and resources in order to thoroughly clean, which can indeed impact the overall cost.
- Cleaning Frequency: the frequency of cleaning services needed (e.g., daily, weekly, or monthly) can affect the pricing structure as well. In some cases, you might be able to negotiate lower rates in exchange for regularity.
- Additional Services: some commercial cleaners offer specialised services such as carpet cleaning, window cleaning, and/or deep cleaning, which will likely incur additional charges.
Is Commercial Cleaning Expensive?
And is commercial cleaning considered to be expensive in Australia? Again, the cost of commercial cleaning services can vary depending on your specific needs and budget. While it may seem like an unnecessary added expense, hiring a professional commercial cleaner offers numerous benefits that can and do outweigh the cost. Consider the following:
- Time and Efficiency: outsourcing the many cleaning tasks to professionals allows you and your employees to focus on your core responsibilities, increasing productivity and efficiency in the workplace. Why distract your employees from revenue generating tasks to clean the office when it can be better handled by professionals?
- Quality and Expertise: commercial cleaners have the expertise, experience, and specialised equipment to deliver high-quality cleaning services, ensuring a clean and sanitised environment for your employees and visitors. Simply put, they’ll make light work of the deep cleaning tasks and have your office spick and span in a flash.
Affordable commercial cleaning is not a pipe dream, but a necessity for many businesses. In fact, there are many well-priced commercial cleaning services in Australia, making it entirely worthwhile.
What Does Commercial Cleaning Involve?
Commercial cleaning encompasses a wide range of services tailored to meet the unique needs of your business. Here are some common tasks involved:
- Surface Cleaning: dusting, wiping, and sanitising surfaces such as desks, tables, countertops, and other fixtures.
- Floor Care: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and polishing floors to maintain cleanliness and appearance.
- Restroom Cleaning: disinfecting toilets, sinks, mirrors, and restocking supplies to ensure a hygienic restroom environment.
- Kitchen or Breakroom Cleaning: cleaning appliances, countertops, sinks, and emptying trash cans to maintain a clean and sanitary food preparation area.
- Window and Glass Cleaning: cleaning windows, glass partitions, and doors to ensure a clear appearance.
The nature of the cleaning tasks involved will depend on the type of contract you secure and how quickly your office gets dirty. For example, you may only want a basic clean on a daily basis to keep the proverbial wolves from the door. However, some commercial cleaning contracts include semi-regular deep cleaning to ensure that all those hard-to-reach ‘nooks and crannies’ don’t get neglected as well.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Commercial Cleaner?
Besides the obvious, what are the main benefits of hiring a commercial cleaner? Here are some additional key benefits to consider:
- Healthy and Hygienic Environment: regular cleaning and sanitisation help reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, and viruses throughout your office, thus promoting a healthier workplace and reducing the risk of illness among employees.
- Enhanced Professional Image: a clean and well-maintained office space creates a positive impression on clients, customers, and visitors, enhancing your business’s professional image. First impressions really do count and a clean and clutter-free office could be the difference between signing that big client, or them walking away to one of your competitors.
- Time and Cost Savings: outsourcing cleaning tasks to professionals saves time and resources, allowing you and your employees to focus on core business activities. It can also be more cost-effective than hiring and managing in-house cleaning staff. Pay for the cleaning that you need and nothing more.
- A professional finish: you shouldn’t have to try and trick yourself into doing daunting tasks such as deep cleaning your office when you can easily outsource it. The best part? The professionals will do a much better job of it as well.
How Often Should You Have Your Office Cleaned?
Finally, how often should you look to have your office cleaned?
The frequency of office cleaning depends on various factors, including the size of the premises, the number of employees under your care, and the nature of your business. Here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Daily Cleaning: high-traffic areas, such as restrooms, breakrooms, and entranceways, should be cleaned and sanitised daily. By the time your employees come back into the office the following day, they should have a clean environment waiting for them.
- Regular Cleaning: general cleaning tasks, including surface cleaning, floor care, and dusting, should be scheduled on a regular basis, such as weekly or bi-weekly.
- Deep Cleaning: deep cleaning certain hard-to-reach places, cleaning carpets, and spot-cleaning furniture, for example, can generally be done on a monthly+ basis.
Let’s have a quick recap:
- Commercial cleaning rates in Australia can vary depending on location, premises size, and specific cleaning requirements.
- While the cost of hiring a commercial cleaner may vary, the benefits far outweigh the expense.
- Professional commercial cleaners provide time and cost savings, a healthier and hygienic environment, and an enhanced professional image for your business.
- By outsourcing cleaning tasks to experts, you can ensure a clean and organised workplace that promotes productivity and leaves a positive impression on clients and employees alike.
And that about sums it up. All in all, hiring a commercial cleaning service to keep your premises looking fresh and clutter-free is absolutely worth it.